Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems Conference (TAROS)
September 8-10, 2021
TAROS is the longest-running UK-hosted international conference on Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS), which is aimed at the presentation and discussion of the latest results and methods in autonomous robotics research and applications.
TAROS offers a friendly environment for robotics researchers and industry to take stock and plan future progress. It welcomes senior researchers and research students alike and specifically provides opportunities for research students and young research scientists to present their work to the scientific community.
As in previous years, the TAROS 2021 proceedings will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence series.
- 14 May 2021 – Submission deadline (5pm BST)
- 1 Jul 2021 – Review decision notification
- 30 Jul 2021 – Camera-ready paper submission (5pm BST)
Relevant Research Areas
Contributions are sought in all areas relevant to the overall goal of the conference, including, but not limited to the following topics:
- Autonomous robots
- Assistive, service and personal robotics
- Aerial robots, space and planetary robotics
- Medical robotics, robots for surgery and intelligent prosthetics
- Humanoid and walking robots
- Soft and flexible robots
- Swarm, collective and field robotics
- Modular reconfigurable robots
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Multimodal interfaces
- Navigation, localisation, map building and path planning,
- Analysis of robot-environment interaction
- Applications development, hardware issues, devices and techniques
- Advanced sensors and actuators
- Advanced materials and techniques
- Autonomous vehicles
- Bio-mimetic, bio-inspired and bio-hybrid robotic systems
- Evolutionary, cognitive and developmental robotics
- Robot communication and language
- Ethical and societal issues in robotics
- Robots in education, arts and entertainment
- Safety, verification and validation for robotic applications
- Learning and adaptation
- Long-term interaction and operation
- Modelling and analysis
These list of topics is not exhaustive. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the conference, relevant contributions from other fields will also be welcome.
TAROS 2021 invites both full papers and extended abstracts. The proceedings will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence series. All contributions will be refereed. Full papers are invited from researchers at any stage in their career but should present significant findings and advances in robotics research; more preliminary work would be better suited to extended abstract submission.
Full papers (up to 10 pages in LNCS format) will be accepted for either oral presentation (single track) or poster presentation. Extended abstracts (up to 4 pages in LNCS format) will be accepted for poster presentation only.
Submissions MUST be in LNCS format, templates are available from:
Submissions are open now, at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=taros2021
Prof. Mini C. Saaj
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org