The STRANDS project is organising (including our very own Prof Tom Duckett as one of the organisers) a special workshop on “AI for Long-term Autonomy” to be held during the ICRA conference, in Stockholm, on Monday, 16 May, 2016.
The workshop features an impressive line-up of invited speakers:
- Paul Newman, University of Oxford, UK
- Wolfram Burgard, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Manuela Veloso, Carnegie Mellon University, US
- Joydeep Biswas, UMass Amherst, US
- Steve Chien, NASA JPL, US
- Kanna Rajan, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway / University of Porto, Portugal
- Reid Simmons, Carnegie Mellon University, US
- Nick Hawes, University of Birmingham, UK
- Tim Barfoot, University of Toronto, CA
The workshop also invites submissions of extended abstracts and short papers. Submissions should describe AI techniques which are applied to problems relevant to autonomous systems in long-term scenarios. For details, see the workshop’s website.